Friday, April 25, 2014

Trilogy

3x's Trilogy,

Well Team, spring break has come to its end, two games in two days then it's back to the grind.

This week was for many of us just a normal week of going on about our business as usual, but for some there was excitement, adventure, discovery and repose.

One adventure I can speak on was of the awesome clinics put on by Trilogy Lacrosse up on the turf at Gillette Stadium.

For three days youth players from all the MBYLL supporting areas got together and practiced with the professional athletes of the Trilogy Team; Ryan BoyleMitch BelisleMatt Striebel.    
These guys were dynamic teachers who brought their game to their instruction.  They pounded on the fundamentals while providing advanced drills and skills that only hardcore laxers could provide.  If ever you have a chance to train with the Trilogy Guys I can personally recommend that you do!  


One of the things that I got from watching the clinics was the repetition of the use of communication.  As all of you know by now, one of the things I've been harping on is communication.  And that's what the professionals are advocating.  

When we finally hack into the groove of communicating I think we will find that our team will see growth that will lead to better success.  I say better success because I am enjoying the success that we are currently experiencing now.  Breaking through the communication barrier is the tool that will spike our growth as a team and as individuals.

Another bonus for me was that UFC welterweight champion Johnny Hendricks was in the house checking out Gillette, I of course said hi to him. Lucky ME :)

Last thought on todays post, think in threes.

  • 3 lines- attack-midi-defense
  • 3 players per line- center and wings
  • 3 points in a triangle- strong formations in geometry, philosophy and lacrosse
  • 3 groups-coaches, team and individual
  • 3 parts of the player- mind, body and heart
  • Thanks Trilogy Lacrosse for the fundamentals and philosophies
Thanks  To You For Reading
Coach Josh

1 comment:

  1. I agree coach Josh, the clinic was great, I brought 6 u11 boys to the Wednesday clinic!!! Such fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete